Yuba City, it’s time to come home. Time to reclaim a culture of kindness, of civility from an era in our not-too-distant past. Time to return to healthy public discourse vital to our democracy and to the rehabilitation of our public lands. We believe we can – and must – do better.
This is the Campaign to Elect Sukh Sidhu. This is our campaign. It rejects the cynicism that has invaded our public forums over this last decade. We declare we will succeed by promoting service, by encouraging a commitment to community, with a sense of right and wrong that makes our City more than just a place to sleep at night. Yuba City, this is home.
This is home where we have raised our families. This is home where we raise crops, build businesses, send our kids to school, and where we expect them to come home safe. Home where our grandparents and parents live, and home where they deserve access to quality healthcare that’s not a 45-minute-ambulance ride away.
This campaign is founded on a sense of service that has been shared and promoted by all faiths throughout our American history. This is the campaign to elect Sukh Sidhu, a successful businessman, a farmer, a committed community leader and advocate for senior rights, housing rights, the right to shop, eat, live and pray right here at home in Yuba City.
Yuba City, it’s time to come home. Elect Sukh Sidhu for Yuba City Council for better dialogue, for smarter policies based on facts. Sukh Sidhu for a better community. Yuba City for a better home.
Integrity and Strength Through Commitment to Community
- Family values.
- Hard work.
- Education and senior care.
- Law and Safety.
- Education: school safety, teacher support, and programs to combat bullying.
- Senior care and wellness: Our population is getting older and services must keep up with our need.
- Courage to fix our housing crisis: Fiscally responsible coordinated entry programs to reclaim our public lands and put folks back to work.
- City infrastructure and business development: Yuba City should be a destination. Sukh Sidhu will encourage the development of restaurants, businesses, and ecological tourism to improve foot traffic, bring dollar investment and jobs to Yuba City.
Sukh Sidhu knows how to bridge divides.
- Improving relationships between Yuba City and Sutter County
- Law enforcement and public safety
- Agriculture, land stewardship, and water rights
- Garbage collection contracts and consumer rates
- Let’s do something about Yuba City “dirt water”
- Retirement payout
- Workforce building
- Marijuana laws
- Protecting our schools
- City beautification. To attract investment into our City, we must improve our landscape profile along the 99 Highway and Colusa Highway Corridors. We must take pride in our appearance, and that pride comes from within.